The reasons for buying and using genuine and legal software — as opposed to pirated, counterfeit, illegal or unlicensed versions — go well beyond the principle’s of ethics and integrity. Buying genuine software makes smart business sense too. Why? Here are the top ten reasons –
- You’ll receive technical help with genuine software, ensuring reliable support system.
- You get full instructions and documentation with the product, giving your clarity on usage rights.
- You get access to updates, upgrades, and security patches, to suit your
technology needs and improving your computing experience.
- You avoid unnecessary IT & cyber security risks to your computers and
network, and theft of confidential business information.
- If you use pirated software, you could face a civil or criminal action under
the copyright laws, impacting your reputation.
- Software piracy has a negative impact on the economy by way of loss of
jobs, taxes, R&D and innovation.
- Having “Legal IT” or in other words “genuine and licensed” software
speaks volume about your reputation and governance.
- Your relationship with the IT partners and publishers improves, creating
mutual trust, leading to best bargains.
- With genuine software, you and your employees get peace of mind,
leading to improved productivity and efficient management.
- You experience a high-level of IT maturity in your organization, making
you highly competitive in the market place.